Bio & Research Interests
As a Marine Biologist M.Sc., my research work has focused on ecological processes occurring in benthic environments including sandy bottoms and coral reefs. I have professional experience in environmental consultancy and have participated in ecological baseline studies, including monitoring of marine ecosystems and environmental impact assessments in the Caribbean Sea. My PhD project aim to examine the ecological effects of ocean acidification on the interaction between crustose coralline algae and corals as important reef building organisms. Multifactorial experiments will be conducted by controlling CO2 in laboratory experiments accompanied by in situ approaches.
- M.Sc. in Biology with focus on Marine Biology. National University of Colombia, Santa Marta, 2011
- B.Sc. Faculty of Marine Biology, University Jorge Tadeo Lozano, Santa Marta, Colombia, 2006
Awards, Scholarships & Fellowships
- PhD Scholarship, Colombian Institute for the Development of Science and Technology, COLCIENCIAS, Colombia 2013 – 2017
- Postgraduate Scholarship, Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Tuition fees) 2009 – 2010.
- Scholarship of the Institute of Marine and Coastal Research, INVEMAR, Colombia (Undergraduate Fellow) 2005 – 2006.
- Gómez-Lemos, L.A., & García, C.B. 2012. Adaptive changes in size of tropical benthic megafauna. Proceedings 41st Benthic Ecology Meeting, United States, 46 – 47.
- Gómez-Lemos, L.A., Mejía, L.A., & Sáenz, H.F. 2010. Diagnosis of coral communities in areas sensitive to recovery activities of the beaches in San Andres Island, Colombian Caribbean. Proceedings XIV National Seminar on Science and Technology of the Sea, Colombia, 82 -83.
- Gómez-Lemos, L.A., Cruz Castaño, N., &. Duque Nivia, G. 2010. Composition and structure of the Brachyura crustacean assemblage on the continental shelf of La Guaijira Colombia: relation to depth and sediment composition. Bulletin of Marine and Coastal Research, 39 (2) 359 -379.
- Osorno Arango, A., Gil-Agudelo, D.L., & Gómez-Lemos, L.A. 2009. Research plan for the conservation of Cittarium pica (Linnaeus, 1758). Invemar, Special Publication Series No. 16. Santa Marta, Colombia. 72 p. ISBN 978-958-8448-22-0
- Gómez-Lemos, L.A., & Campos, N.H. 2008. Presence of Penaeus monodon Fabricius, 1798 (Crustacea: Decapoda: Penaidae) in the coast of La Guajira, Colombia. Bulletin of Marine and Coastal Research, 37 (2): 221- 225.
- Gómez-Lemos, L.A., Cruz Castaño, N., & Campos, N.H. 2008. New records of crustaceans Brachyura and extension of the distribution of some species in the Colombian Caribbean Sea. Bulletin of Marine and Coastal Research, 37 (1): 51-60.